So I have moved from the apartment I have been staying in to a church with a guest room and bathroom. I will be there until Tuesday when I move again to camp. I was sad to leave the area that I have grown to love, yet am excited to be in a new spot. I met the pastor and his wife last night and got to practice my Croatian. More exciting news...the more I spread the word about my Croatian roots, the closer I get to finding a town. When I told Pastor Ivan the family name Benich, he immediately said Karlovac (which is between Zagreb and the camp I will be at) and someone else has been asking around and knows someone who either is a Rabich or knows some Rabich's...so fingers crossed....
The church is a Baptist church, and compared to the Catholic Churches in the area it is tiny. They have about 70 people at Sunday services and I am excited to go tomorrow morning to my first Croatian church service!!!!
Things are going to fly by so fast over the next 5 weeks! I am very excited!
Today my cousin Nicole is getting married....congrats Nicole and Paul!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment