15 July 2007

I am Radiant!

Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "Thee LORD, the LORD GOD, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations." Moses made haste to bow low toward the earth and worship. Exodus 34:6-8


Since I moved to Michigan, I have not felt the presence of God during worship at church. At the church I was attending, the worship was way to short and constantly interrupted with talking and/or videos. That and the fact that I have been completely spoiled by having such an amazing home church in Minneapolis. The worship always felt real. No matter if someone messed up, guitar strings broke or other things happened, it was 100% obvious that the purpose of worship was to invite the Presence of GOD into our midst, so we could Glorify HIM and HE could teach, mold, break, and heal us.

I am sure that it has been more than the worship style at the church I have been attending that has limited my feeling of HIS presence. I know that there have been other issues that I have been dealing with in the last year, and I am sure that God has purposefully stayed quiet to teach me something.

When I first started searching for a church in Michigan in September my friend Nicole told me that she was so happy for me that I got to experience this. That I got the change to see how other people worship, find a church and truly test my understanding of the Bible and what I believe GOD says a church should be. I did agree with her, but at the same time I was really missing Hope and longing to worship God in Minneapolis again.

God told me that being a part of this church in Michigan was transitional. He told me that right away. That has made it really hard for me to truly call it my own because I knew that it was a transitional place for me. At the same time, He has confirmed numerous times, to me and the people I have been helping send to Africa, that God placed me at this church for a specific purpose and length of time. The team is in Africa and I really feel like it is time to move on.

This morning I went to a church in Lansing for the second time. It was amazing. Worship felt like worship and we worshipped GOD in one voice--praising HIM endlessly and truthfully. There were times of quiet to pray and listen for God, and as a congregation we asked God to surround us. I know that HE did. I know that HIS Presence was there.

Prior to the message, they showed a video from missionaries the church supports in Hungary. Then they invited the missionaries up front to give an update and we prayed for them. The message was about the calling of Elisha into ministry. It was incredible. After the service I planned to attend an Open House to learn more about the church. There was also going to be a lunch to hear from 4 missionary couples.

On my way to the Open House, I stopped by the Global Outreach Table to see what kind of information they had. The missionaries, Dr. and Mrs. Kovacs, were at the table. I introduced myself to Dr. Kovacs and told him that while I was a missionary in Croatia, I climbed a mountain and tower and saw Hungary. He told me (like any good missionary should) that the next time I need to come to his country. What he said next has stuck with me all day and, I believe has changed my life. He looked me square in the eyes and said, "You look radiant!" As he said this, he pointed to his face then mine. I smiled and thanked him and went on my way.

It wasn't until after the Open House (which was great and I met 3 woman around my age who are single young professionals, new to Lansing and seeking friends) that I truly realized the deep meaning of what Dr. Kovacs said to me. My face was radiant--it was shining. Instantly the Spirit reminded me of Moses and why his face shone.

It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the tow tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him. Exodus 34:29


I had truly been the Presence of the Almighty this morning and I missed Him. I pray that He continues to be in my Presence and that I can continue to worship HIM as rawly as I did this morning, and that others can see that difference in me.

No comments: