14 September 2010

Retraction - maybe???

So, the wonderful little church from the previous two posts just threw me a curve ball. The pastor's wife called me out of the blue today asking how my studying was going and wanted to let me know that she had been praying for me and the test I have coming up. That just floored me. We had met twice and she has been praying for me and this test this whole time.

Then - she asked if she could drop off a dinner for me tonight. She said she wanted to help out so I didn't have to take the time to stop studying to cook. Again, all I could think was how could I not want to be part of this tight knit family.

So, I am torn again. Do I try to do both churches - a small group of people my age, in my walk of life from the Big Church and Sunday mornings at the small church? Or just the big one? or just the little one?

Oh, how I wish someone would just plainly tell me what I should do!?!?!?!?

4 comments:

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

Okay. We too have been going to 2 churches basically for 2 months. But to find that true sense of belonging, we had to stop. I felt too torn and kind of like I was hiding something- is that dumb?

She brought you food. Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

Is the teaching good at both churches? Will you grow spiritually at both churches? Will you be praising HIM at both churches? If yes to all those, then:

I would go to the small church. And go to CMDA functions/ Bible studies. You get the church family. And you get the medical/your age support.

In 3 months, evaluate.

=)

Victoria said...

I wish it were that simple. The CMDA stuff is too far of a drive and the stuff is all over lunch or in the am before class.

Thanks for your input. I think I am going to call the pastor's wife and try to have coffee/dinner with her after Wednesday and discuss this all with her then. I think that might help.

Funny you said 3 months to evaluate - the Bible Study the big church is starting this weekend is a 9 week study...

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

lol.... forget what I said anyway, cuz today I am really wanting to go back to the church we just left. I am so indecisive. So totally ignore me. =) Great idea, to chat with her. Good for you.

Victoria said...

Haha!

the thing that gets me is that since neither one is a "perfect" fit - emphasis on fit and not perfect - makes me wonder if I should be looking for a different church. But then there are so many in the are I could check out, it will be June before I visit each one at least twice!