19 August 2005

Wonderful Wonderful Tuesday

So Tuesday was a great day! I was able to visit the hometown of my Great Grandfather!!!!!! I stood on the property that he grew up on. The house he was born and raised in was destroyed during the mining and road building after WWII but a new one was put up in it's place. It was so sureal to be able to stand where my family came from. I also met some distant relatives!!!!!! We had Turkish Coffee and dessert with my great grandfather's uncle's children. Then had lunch with my great grandfather's brother's grandson. So that makes him my cousin of some sort!!!

The village of Gornji Zvecaj is beautiful!!! It is set in the rolling mountains and has the most amazing river running through it!! The river is a brilliant green color yet crystal clear. It is also amazingly deep. You could see all the way to the bottom of the 15 meters of water! It is also an incredibly slow moving river, so it has more of a lake type feel to it. The part that we saw had a series of 3 cascades to make for an incredible spread of a waterfall. The current is so slow that you can safely go over the waterfall and not get sucked under water!

I have bunches of pictures and will get them online as soon as I get back to America since my connection is pretty slow right now!

See most of you very very soon!!!!

No comments: