01 November 2005

Coolest Sticker Ever

So I did my part and got a flu shot today. It was fun. There were 3 of us from my Secondary Data Analysis class that left class and went to the free flu shot clinic. I can't believe how many people were waiting in line. I got in and out in no time - not to mention a free cookie and can of pop to go with it!!! But the best part was the sticker that I got today. It is a circle about the same size as a "I Voted" sticker but only it is green and has the head of a cow in the center and the cow is surrounded by syringes and the top says "I did it for the herd."

I know I know most of you are reading this thinking what a dork. Others are not surprised. And others, well you're just plain confused. So now I am going to do my PSA. GET A FLU SHOT. This year there are PLENTY of shots to go around. So, even if you are not "high risk" you can get one. Most places will do a shot for about $20 - even if you don't do it for yourself, think of the herd...every person that gets vaccinated decreases the potential for the spread of flu. So just do it....and it doesn't really hurt that bad.

Other than that, I am good. Plugging away at school and work. On a personal note my Grandad passed away on 15 October, so the last couple weeks have had added stress. But I am doing good and am looking forward to a week at home for Thanksgiving - not to mention my Birthday next week!!!

I have a couple topics that I am processing and am planning on posting once I get them typed up, but it is hard now to formulate these thoughts along with my homework load such. That and I have not really done anything too exciting lately to have to post. And I am trying to evaluate my website and what I want it to look like now that I am back from Croatia. If I end up back in Croatia next year, then I will most definately keep this up. As for now....well, we'll just have to see what happens.

No comments: