So my friend Michelle had a link on her blog saying that it is "Offical Delurking Week." Which means that anyone who has been just hanging out reading blogs for awhile without posting is supposed to post a "hello" greeting of some sort. So this gets me pondering....why do we need an offical week of "de-lurking"??? Do people really think that they are going to get someone to stop reading their blog unless they starting posting? Or, do they really think that people are just going to post a blanket "hi, I read your blog" and nothing more.
Maybe this week of "de-lurking" can be summed up with the following quote:
“From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.”
Naturally we all want to know everyone who visits our blog's. I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But, I still find it amuzing that there is an "offical" week to come out of the shadows of the cyber world.
Seriously though, to anyone who reads this blog, read away. If you want to leave a message, leave a message. If not, feel free to keep on reading.
On a slightly different topic, I saw a very interesting news report today about Face Book, websites and your future. Apparently colleges, graduate schools and employers are looking up applicants on Face Book to see what they are really like before offering a job or acceptance to a school. Just some interesting food for thought that could spark a pretty cool ethical debate on the issue.....
Oh, and mucho mucho bonus points if you can tell me what/who the afore mentioned quote is from!!!! =0)
2 comments:
very interesting. I know who it is from!
Alvar Hanso
ok well I guess I get the points!!! YAY!
Jake
ding ding ding.....you score major bonus points!!!! I didn't know you were into LOST.....
We have a mutual friend who avoid blogs for a very similar reason, but only it is completely different than the reason I posted about. Jake, you are the only one reading this who will even come close to understanding that last sentance.
Vics
Post a Comment