02 April 2007

Influenza--Vicki Style

So, for the first time ever, I have Influenza! Blah....I don't recommend it at all. The fever, the chills, the headache, the body ache the feeling of wanting to fall asleep and wake up a week from Wednesday!

But alas, who else do you know that would go to the doctor and be told they have Influenza and then spend the next 5 minutes discussing the patterns of the Outbreak seen at this particular clinic. If anyone is wondering, last week, this one doctor saw 40 patients a day with Influenza and it has tapered down to only 25ish over the weekend. Not only that, but the patients have now swung from children to adults.

All in all, this is a milder flu. So far, this particular doctor, has not seen any pneumonia complications, but he is predicting that to change as they are seeing more and more elderly. We (notice the switch from the doctor, to we) are predicting the cases to keep coming down, as all of the schools in this area are on spring break right now.

Not that there is a good time, but this is a particularly bad time to get sick. I have so many reports to write up, and obsevations to observe and a huge survey to administer on Wednesday. Not to mention, I am taking the MCAT on the 12th...a mere 10 days. I had planned on studying all weekend for that, but the couch and bed won! Please be praying for me in all of this.

But....not all is lost....due to my illness, instead of observing an afterschool program right now, I am watching the Tiger's home opener! 3-3 top of 7th and a gorgeous spring day in Detroit!

Oh..and Finbarr...since I loved the label of your last post, forgive me for borrowing it for this post...it seems relevant!

1 comment:

Bekah's Cloth Bums said...

I hope you feel better! I just found your blog and love it!!!