15 April 2007

Rodentia

So...I think I have a small(ish) four legged furry friend or family living in my ceiling. I have no proof other than the sound of scurrying and scampering around above me and I don't have neighbors living up there at the moment. There is also the fact that the sound would have gone through the wall from the apartment into the hallway.

I plan to talk to the office people tomorrow afternoon. But this whole thing got me thinking. Why am I so edgy and upset at the fact that we (most likely) have rodents? While overseas I expected and was okay with it. So why, here does it bother me so? Or why was I okay with the face that we had a mousey condo in our dorm room (trust me...we did...and some of them had names even) but I'm not okay with it here. Am I becoming too stuck up? Too prissy? Too American?

I have some other post ideas that I am formulating in my head...more serious topics and thoughts..but they can wait for another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed. here is a prefect example. Here I am being pee’d off sitting outside the library due to my internet not working at my house. However while in KS it was more then norm not to have the internet working... Not to say that I was cool with it then... but more to say that I think that we as (Americans) Have all that we want and or ever need. And when Star-bucks messes up our mocha -locha-choca-latte-java-cream, we scream and are ill-content. Meanwhile millions around the world know not of Star-bucks. Know not of Internet worries. Know not of the prices of gas. Know not of working to jobs just to get ahead. But do however know fully the pain of not eating, not knowing where their family is, and not knowing where they are going to spend eternity.
What have we become.
I do not write this in hopes of changing the world. I do not write this in hopes of making you write a check. I do however write this as someone just more then a little tired of America.

Jake