16 August 2010

Something I'd never do

I am actually praying about doing something that I have ridiculed someone for doing in the past. (I'm not going to say who it was, but if you are reading this, know that it is not you.)

I fully believe that it is important to be part of a church body and to be fully part of that body. I have found this little church in Milford - and by little I mean 32 adults on Sunday mornings. It is just a great family. I truly mean that. The two services I have been to have showed how close knit yet welcome to new people they are. I honestly couldn't think of a better church family to become a part of.

At the same time - I think there is only 1 other single person there. The rest are "young" families or older couples. Neither of which I mind, but at the same time it is hard to call up a married friend or a "mom" friend last minute on a Friday night and say, "hey - dinner, movie?"

So the other church - the 3000+ people per weekend church - is still appealing to me b/c of the kind of ministry they are involved in as well as the fact that they have 2 HUGE young people ministry groups. That and they have so many opportunities for service (not that the little church doesn't - I was already asked if I would be willing to lead a Bible Study) but I have really missed mentoring younger women. And I know the big church has more potential for that.

So I am thinking about doing both - which is the thing I said I'd never do. Not be members of both, or do ministry at both - or even do both church services. But I am thinking about going to the small church and becoming part of that amazing family while attending the Young Adult group ministry events/small group at the other church. There is also a potential 3rd option out there - that is if I get the contact info. I guess there is quite a large group of CMDA people in the Metro Detroit Area - which would be nice to get plugged into as well.

I would love to hear your thoughts/advice/opinions/warnings!

No comments: