So today was my departure day. I was supposed to get on my flight from Detroit to go to Frankfurt at 605pm EST. My mom took a half day off from work to get me to the airport on time. We get to the airport a little after 3pm, find a parking spot and lug all of my luggage to the counter. After a short wait in line I walk up to the counter hand her my ticket and reach in my purse to get my passport. Only it was not there. Slight panic and then a genuie feeling of stupidity fell over me as I feared the worst. So we called the neighbor boy and had him break in to our house, and sure enough there was my passport, sitting on the counter next to the phone!!!
No one was home and there was no one who lived close enough who could pick it up and bring it to me (the airport is about 2 hours away and the neighbor boy is only 12). So with remorse we went back up to the counter and made arrangements to make tomorrow's flight to Germany!
So now I leave tommorow evening for Germany-which only puts me 24 hours behind schedule. As excited as I was to spend 4 days in Germany with my good friend Cree, I know that it is not the end of the world and I still get to see her for 3 days!
Stay tuned for more adventures....
No comments:
Post a Comment