I have now been in Zagreb for about 3 full days. Amazingly enough, most of that time has been in language study. This is a really interesting language. Some of it seems really familiar yet at other times I just stare blankly at my teacher with a what planet are you from look on my face!It is a beautiful language though. I just hope to be able to learn as much as I can while I am here.
So far I have eated a lot of Italian food. Since Italy is so close, the food has been highly influenced by their neighbors. And man, has it been good! Today for example, I had a parmesean risotto followed by vanilla ice cream (that was almost gelato). Last night I had a real Croatian meal. I had Ĩevapi, which basically is large mutton and beef sausage that is very spicy served with onions and flat bread! It was so good! I can't wait to have some more real food!!!
Zagreb is one of the most beautiful cities I have seen! It is at the bottom of a mountain (well, Hrvata do not call it a mountain, but it is a mountain by midwest standards). The weather is hot and sunny, it has been getting close to 35 degrees C (which is in the 80's F). But there is no humidity right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment