Most Midwestern's heard about the Powerball being at 216 Million Dollars on Saturday. Like most people I know, I found myself wondering...what would I do if I suddenly were 120.9 million dollars richer (after taxes that's all I'd have left).
Seeing as I am still raising support for my trip to Croatia (about 20% left to go) I instantly thought "GREAT!!! I could pay off student loans and be a full time missionary starting summer of 2006!!!" Of course I have my list of little things that I would do and my list of missionaries/churches that I would support, but after that, I would take joy in the fact that I could honestly work/continue school and never have to worry about were the money would come from.
Then I started reflected on my support discovery process over the last couple of months. It has been AMAZING!!!!! This is the 3rd time that I have had to raise support, so I went into it feeling like I knew what I was doing and praying for the $3200 worth of scholarship money I had applied for. Well, God has provided so much more than money for me. I didn't get the full amount of the scholarship, but I did get some money from the UofMn (praise in itself). But God had such an amazing plan in place and I am glad that I didn't get the full scholarship.
God has given me such joy as I talk to people about what I am doing more than once I have had people that I am talking to just open their wallet and hand me money. Yesterday I even got a phone call from a woman that heard about me through a coworker, and her church wanted to support my ministry! I am so glad that God has given me another church to partner with me!!!
Everyday since December 20th, 2004, God has BLOWN ME AWAY with the "perfectness" of this trip. It mixes my passions so well, so why should I have doubts about support raising...or even want to win the PowerBall. By the end of the day last Saturday, I found myself thinking...God, if you ever want to bless me with 120.9 million dollars, I'll take it. But, I don't need it. I know that HE is providing me with every dollar that he wants me to have, no more and no less. He is SO good!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment